We have all we need for everyone to live well.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Expression of the Season

On February 28 and March 1 we had another substantial snowstorm, and afterward brilliant blue skies and calm winds and dazzling celestial displays in the night. I bundle up and take my walks, frequently stopped in my tracks by the impact of my surroundings: awe and joy at the perfection of form and texture, light and shadow, snatches of birdsong and the silences in between.

The east garden, its row of asparagus and the sweet potato mounds:


Squeaky Tree:


Lobster Tail Trail:


Toward the north fence line and the draws with coyote dens:


Big Bucket Trail:


The ancient hickories at Turkey Holler:


The Gorge:



The Grand Traverse:


Approaching Tire Shrine:





The Ford:


Hidden Meadow:


Across the top of the Trap Range:

 

Below the dam:




Rabbits congregate beneath this maple near the burn barrel:


The bridge-to-be, and across the dam, the pond and the terraced observatory field:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage and appreciate your comments, which I moderate to prevent spam – yours will be published shortly.